Saturday, June 2, 2007

Too many Red Bulls

Posted by Danae

We woke up very late and had brunch at the bungalow restaurant, still feeling pretty seedy from our ridiculous intake of red bulls the night before. (We later heard that the red bull in Thailand is 12 times stronger than the UK equivalent and the one in UK is banned in Denmark and some other countries – crazy stuff). We didn't feel like doing much, so spent the day lazing by the pool, reading and surfing the internet.

Late in the afternoon I decided to go for a walk, which wasn't so great a plan considering after 5 minutes I was dripping with sweat and thirsty, but soon enough happened upon a refreshment stand where I had some water and a cheeseburger (very tasty – and much better than McDonalds, despite them using exactly the same logo as Maccas on the streetstall. I don't think they care much for copyright laws here!).

I also chatted with a German bloke who shared my view that the Full Moon Party was pretty wacky and fun, but perhaps we were a little too old for it. We saw a accident where 2 girls and a toddler on the bike turned too sharply into a side street, resulting in a horrible screech of brakes and the bike falling to its side and them falling off. Thankfully, no-one seemed badly hurt but it scared the hell out of me. I walked back to the hotel and cooled off in the pool, before settling in for more laziness with the others including watching 'The Wedding Crashers' for the upteemth time.

No comments: